Dr. M. Steven Saunders, DDS
Dr. Steven Saunders grew up in the mountains of western North Carolina. An avid Tar Heel fan, he earned both his undergraduate and doctor of dental surgery degrees from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, graduating with honors.
He returned home to Asheville in 2002 and became a partner in Saunders & Saunders, DDS. He is married to Rosemary McGuire Saunders, a dental hygienist, whose mountain dental family harkens back 150 years and includes Daisy McGuire, the first woman in North Carolina licensed to practice dentistry. The couple have two children and Steven's hobbies include mountain biking, hiking & motorcycling.
- Asheville-Buncombe Community Christian Ministry (ABCCM), dental committee and volunteer in restorative and pain clinic
- North Carolina Missions of Mercy, Asheville planning committee and participant
- Gifts of Smile Day, planning committee and participant
- Youth Sports, coach
- Estes Elementary School, volunteer
- Methodist Church
Dr. Steven Saunders participates in many continuing education opportunities each year. On-going commitments include:
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry MaxiCourse at the Medical College of Georgia
- The Misch International Implant Institute
- The Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting
- Mountain Area Health Education Center (MAHEC)
- The University of North Carolina School of Dentistry